Friday 8 June 2007

Last Day in England












Thursday was a bit overcast in the early part of the day. I had a lot of email to sort out in the morning so it was about 11.30am before I was ready to set off for Maldon via Little Baddow.

I went past Wayside Cottage. They have pretty much finished all the alterations by the looks of it and there is just some external painting needed where they have blocked in the porch area near the front door. There were no cars in the driveway, so I think the owners were out. Next time I'm in England I think that I would like to visit the finished product.

I then drove down and looked at and photographed Little Baddow Church where Lloyd and I were married. It was open as there were some women arranging flowers (possible for a wedding on Saturday), so I took some pictures inside too. From there, I went down to Paper Mill Lock which is where we used to launch our canoes and then went to Maldon. I did my usual walk up the High Street and then along the front. When I was leaving Maldon, I decided that I might try to find Mill Beach where my childhood next-door neighbours had a beach hut. I did finally find it and the sun was now fully shining, so I had a lovely walk along the front before returning back to Joy and Roger's.

I will put up pictures of the day rather than trying to describe it further. The pictures in order are: Little Baddow Church from a distance, Little Baddow Church outside and inside, two views of Paper Mill Lock, Maldon High Street, Maldon front, Mill Beach, the Harrod's Beach hut, Joy with me and Joy and Roger.

No comments: