Saturday 26 May 2007

The conference gets underway

The conference opened on Wednesday and I mainly spent the day listening to the areas of cognitive science that I find most to my taste and largely ignoring the computer simulations that I don't really relate to. I prefer experiments with real people!

I made quite a number of changes to my talk on Wednesday night because, when I started practicing it, I found that I didn't feel comfortable with the flow. Luckily I have my new little printer with me and I was able to print out the new pages for my folder. I once again chose to stay in my room and not go out late-night partying with the others. It seems that Greeks like to rest in the afternoon and then go out for dinner at 9.30pm. This is all very well, but it means that their night is basically divided in two and there are two 'getting-ups'. I prefer my usual routines with a relatively early rise and a walk, so in general I have tended not to join them.

No comments: